Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yes, yes, I know


what an incredible slacker I am. But, unlike Deidre, I have a "real job" and a "home life" and "papers to grade" and "hobbies" (including playing too much Sims2 while waiting for the release of Neverwinter Nights 2).
So I came to announce the winner of the poster contest, as well as to pass along a few news items. First, the moment you've been waiting for:

My mom is the winner of the poster contest. I'd like to say it was a difficult decision, but because of the shallow entry pool, I just tossed Deidre's and eeny-meeny-miny-moe'd the rest. Mom, I will be calling later today to offer my congratulations, and to ask for money for Thanksgiving plane tickets.

In other news, Tyson may have obligated us into another cat; we'll know tomorrow. It'll be a 12-week-old black and white kitten, and there will definitely be pictures.

Battlestar Galactica, the best show on TV since Six Feet Under, started its new season on Friday, so I have something to look forward to every week, besides a two-day break from the kiddos.

School is moving along nicely. There are 3 weeks left before a long weekend and the end of the quarter; after that November and December will go fast. I am going to the National Reading Conference in LA the week after Thanksgiving and school might even pay for it, which is way cool. I am also getting ready for a Halloween unit, where we'll watch some Twilight Zones and Nosferatu and write scary stories. I can only show G-rated movies, so my choices are a bit limited, but I think I will just substitute Wallace and Gromit for Monster House, and everything will be OK.

Besides those things, everything is very normal. Again, congratulations to Mom, winner of the poster contest.

No comments: