Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Excuses for my recent and prolonged absence

1. Busy. This summer I had more free time than I knew what to do with, and I spent about 6 hours a day in front of the computer. Now I spend 6 hours a day in front of a room full of teenagers, and the rest of my time recovering.

2. Lack of Interesting or Original Thoughts. I am not thinking or doing anything lately that a) I have not done before (and possibly failed at, anyway, like being able to buy skinnier pants), b) you would find interesting or care about (grading papers, making more papers, assigning papers, and grading them when they are turned in, and meeting with other teachers to plan, assign, and grade papers. Oh, and one of my classes won a donut party.), c) are not too gross to talk about, such as the discharge resulting from my cervical biopsy and resultant cryotherapy, or d) that I actually want to talk about, such as...

3. Being Depressed. Things have been bothering me lately, not the kinds of things I feel like going into here, right now, and usually I get over pretty quickly, but, really, most of my "adventures" lately have consisted of mood swings.

So anyway, yes, I am still alive, but just sort of idling in neutral while I wait for Christmas break. Hope everyone else is doing okay.

1 comment:

k said...

Sounds like some damn fine excuses.