Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Football?

Apparently there was some kind of sporting-event-contest at my alma mater yesterday.  (To my credit, I DO seem to remember something about how we hated UT.)  In a strange outbreak of coincidence, a mysterious package arrived in the mail from my stepson's grandmother (ex-mother-in-law, once removed?) that had two Texas Tech t-shirts in it.  I put one on, and we went to eat Thai food at a restaurant that had the game on.

I am going to wear them just for the inherent credibility of supporting a non-local college team, and also to clean the bathroom and wash dishes.

Plus, if they DO win that national championship, I can say I was a fan, like, way before.

Then that all will be out of the way and I can go back to thinking sports are silly.

No comments: