Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

I made bread!

Like, with yeast and everything! And no bread machine!

I got the new edition of The Joy of Cooking for Chistmas, and I'm learning all about the little forks and how to make stocks and tamales and different ways to make vegetables besides putting frozen ones in the microwave and all kinds of kitchy 50s-housewife-style things that nobody learns anymore. Last week I made split pea soup--yum!--and some chicken chili verde (actually a lot like my recipe for white chili, but with less cheating), and then yesterday was bread. Tonight is tomato soup, which is about my favorite food in the history of the world.

Anyway, I know I am a total dork, and I meant to capitalize on my Sunday evening second wind and write a less breathless and goofy post, but I put my powers to work for good instead and did laundry.

No comments: