Dear Guest Blogger! Thank you for taking over my blog today while I am ill! You are appreciated.
Some general things you should know about our day:
1. Beginning the day: We usually start with some banter and news-sharing. Remember to let all participants have a turn!
2. Seatwork: All participants are expected to do their own work. Whispering voices are tolerated so long as volume remains low and all talking is assignment-related. If participants cannot follow these rules, they can complete their posts in silence for the remainder of the period.
3. Ending the day: Just before the end of the post, remind participants of key details of the assignment, asking if anyone needs clarification. Remind them that their assignment is due no later than next Monday, but that it may be completed early.
4. Attendance: Please make a note of any participants who are absent or tardy this week.
5. Discipline: You should not have any discipline problems, but should something unexpected arise, there are Take-Home Detentions and an assortment of referrals on my desk. You may also send any unruly participants to these other blogs.
Weird Internet Stuff
1. Using the Internet, participants will locate and link to any webpage, gadget, or site of interest to them.
2. Participants will be able to (PWBAT) use the a href= protocol to create hyperlinks in their responses.
3. Finally, participants will examine links posted by others and generate well-reasoned, thoughtful critiques using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Please collect all assignments and leave for me upon my return.
Thank you! Have a great day!