Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm going open-source!

Which explains why I'm typing this post from T's computer, not mine. I was about ready to throw my stupid laptop from the window of a moving car after it got stuck--twice--during startup (among many other, more grievous issues), but since we're a bit short of the requisite $$ for the iBook I really want, T decided to install Linux on my machine. Linux has even more cache than Mac, so I figured it must be a good idea, plus I will feel so cool saying "Yeah, I'm a Linux user." I'd even start up conversations with strangers so I could drop that line in, all casual.

Except T is something of a tinkerer when it comes to computers. "Just do it, then fix it if it doesn't work--you'll learn more that way" could be his personal motto. Think of my laptop as a test batch of pancakes....and whoops, the griddle isn't quite hot enough yet.

4 comments:

Michael Mayer said...

One question:

Is it pronounced

1) Lie-Nux

or

2) Lynn-Nux

I never know and therefore have always hesitated to say it out loud in Comp USA for fear of geek reprisal.

E said...

That would be the second one. They really will laugh at you if you say you're running LIE-nux.

Elaine said...

I'm waiting for an ibook too, getting closer every day! :)

Tammy said...

You go, girl!