Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm going open-source!

Which explains why I'm typing this post from T's computer, not mine. I was about ready to throw my stupid laptop from the window of a moving car after it got stuck--twice--during startup (among many other, more grievous issues), but since we're a bit short of the requisite $$ for the iBook I really want, T decided to install Linux on my machine. Linux has even more cache than Mac, so I figured it must be a good idea, plus I will feel so cool saying "Yeah, I'm a Linux user." I'd even start up conversations with strangers so I could drop that line in, all casual.

Except T is something of a tinkerer when it comes to computers. "Just do it, then fix it if it doesn't work--you'll learn more that way" could be his personal motto. Think of my laptop as a test batch of pancakes....and whoops, the griddle isn't quite hot enough yet.

3 comments:

Michael said...

One question:

Is it pronounced

1) Lie-Nux

or

2) Lynn-Nux

I never know and therefore have always hesitated to say it out loud in Comp USA for fear of geek reprisal.

Erin said...

That would be the second one. They really will laugh at you if you say you're running LIE-nux.

k said...

I'm waiting for an ibook too, getting closer every day! :)