Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Secret Internet Crush--EXPOSED!

Oh, man. I have had a mild internet crush on a certain self-described "nerdy libertarian lawyer" for about the past year now, and I have just today discovered that HE RUNS A D&D GAME AT HIS HOUSE. That, people who don't know me in person, is as close to a fetish as I think I have. It actually makes me feel sort of giddy, like I have suddenly become a teenager again and am unable to make eye contact--with anyone--when that boy is in the room. (Or in the next room. Or even at school that day. In fact, I seem to remember spending the entire three years of high school a sweaty-palmed, stammering mess. So I was never Captain Cool when it came to the boys, big deal.)

Anyway, consider this post my best blogger-geek attempt at a wink and a smile from across the bar.

8 comments:

DBB said...

Ooo, now you're giving me nerd butterflies! I'd definitely be winking back at you, from across the room (just over the DM screen at the end of the table...)

And sorry I didn't read this sooner... I'm still about two months away from getting enough sleep each night... heh.

DBB said...

Oh, and by the way, you are always welcome to join the game. We've got currently a Dwarf Cleric, an Aasimar Monk, a Human Wizard, a Human Artificer, and a Human Warblade. Though the artificer is on autopilot since the guy who plays him is on a six month project in Arizona right now.

Erin said...

Hmmm.....it would have to be something with a big number in the "lore" column...even in Fantasy Land I can't stop lecturing people about what things "really" mean.

DBB said...

Well, there is your classic "Bardic lore" as known by a bard, but if you REALLY want to have a know-it-all character, there's the Loremaster prestige class - they pretty much know everything, eventually...

DBB said...

btw, if you have an email addy I can send some gaming goodness

Erin said...

Oh look! I learned how to write an awesome mailto tag: Awesome mailto tag.

I don't even need that MIS degree, after all. I'll just use that as my thesis.

DBB said...

So, did it work?

Erin said...

Yes, I got your email.

And let me just say, WOW. It is some pretty serious dorkage.

I would have emailed you back promptly, but for some reason I only entered the server information correctly for receiving mail, not sending mail, so I will get right on that.