Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fuck fuck fuckity fuckfuckfuck

So my car had been running a little chuggy lately, like I had suddenly forgotten how to drive a stickshift, and I dropped it off at Toyota on Monday night.  It was pulling into the driveway afterwards that Tyson got the call from his stepmom about his dad.  So, fuck.  I took the day off today to get Tyson to the airport, and the car people were supposed to call me, not him, about the repairs, but they didn't pay attention and called him instead.  

Anyway, apparently all the motor oil in my car has turned to thick rubbery goo, and now I need a new engine, say the Toyota people.  There was a class action lawsuit recently regarding this very problem in the 1999-2002 model years, and mine's an '04, but the engine is essentially the same.  But the people Tyson talked to today insist that because I've only had about 10 oil changes in the last 4 years, it's totally my fault, like that's just what happens if you don't change the oil every 3000 miles and I hope I learned my lesson this time.

Fuck.

Today sucks, needless to say.  Today's events have reduced me to a pathetic, snivelling little ball of helplessness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking about you and Tyson both and hugging you both in my mind and heart.

k said...

Sorry. I know this sucks, I do. I went through all this too. And for some reason, a dying parent just isn't enough stress. It must always be accompanied by major car issues or major child issues or major house issues... or all of it all at once, just so you know that the universe isn't ignoring you.

Ken Houghton said...

"But the people Tyson talked to today insist that because I've only had about 10 oil changes in the last 4 years, it's totally my fault, like that's just what happens if you don't change the oil every 3000 miles and I hope I learned my lesson this time."

B******. Hope he called them on it.