Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Dead Computer

The fan on my laptop stopped working, so the engine wouldn't even turn over.  Sorry, Target card, I missed that payment.  I couldn't get to my login information in time.  It would be no problem at all to move all of my settings to Tyson's computer with the miracle of Transfer Wizard or whatever Vista calls it, but my hard drive has been turned into a slave drive and I can't install the program.  And I didn't export my bookmarks before my computer died, so I'm having to find them again manually.

Ugh.  I think I'm done for a while today.

2 comments:

DBB said...

My condolences. My old computer also died around the same time. Fortunately, I bought a brand spanking new one in February last year, and that one still works. But now I don't have a machine for anyone else to use. Gotta fix that later this year.

Erin said...

I found a computer shop that took out the hard drive and put it in a fancy little case in about half an hour. The fix turned out to be relatively easy, but after discovering how simple the job was, I'm sort of bummed I didn't spend an afternoon figuring it out myself.
Anyway, I'll treat myself to a new laptop if I get accepted into my Master's program.