Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

This is the job I want:

Here is a job description for a Virtual Librarian in Boise. Too bad I’m not qualified—this is pretty much exactly what I want to do.

The IDLA Virtual Librarian is responsible for the researching, compiling, organizing and formatting of educational digital resources. This position will maintain and update a vast database of digital media resources in an efficient and organized manner that will be utilized by in-house and statewide stakeholders. The Virtual Librarian will also provide training, reference, and instruction on using and retrieving available resources.

Experience and Training
Required:
Bachelors Degree in Library Science or technology-related field
Minimum of 2 years experience as a librarian or related field

Preferred:
Masters Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution
3+ years of experience as a librarian or equivalent
Additional training or certification relevant to position


This is so what I want to do after I go to librarian school.  Did I mention this is in Boise?  And that it STARTS at $50K?

No comments: