Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some fun things I've been doing besides traveling and would recommend to others

1. Guillotine. This is a card game I bought at Funagain Games last week that arrived in the mail sometime while we were in California, so it was a nice little surprise to come home to. Basically you get to chop the heads off French nobles (figuratively, of course), and in the process make things a little more interesting by messing with your opponents. It's not a hard game, or a particularly complicated one, but it is fun and entertaining.

2. 500 Rummy. This is roughly the card game Emily and I played in Italy for at least an hour or two every day. We were trying to play to a million points. She still has the score sheet somewhere, but I don't even remember who won. It's a great 2-person game with enough strategy to be fun, but not to give you a headache in the middle of the afternoon.

3. The Great Dalmuti. This is a game I learned to play years and years ago at my friend Jamie's house. Back then, it was a drinking game, but I've played it since without the fridge full of cheap beer, and it's pretty much as good.

4.Catch Phrase. I just played this game for the first time last night. Games are short and intense, and we're currently working on some variations to make it even more fun and interesting.

5. Super Collapse 3. I played Super Collapse last summer for a while, and this new version has kept me entertained today in between cleaning the house and doing laundry. It's worth bootlegging from LimeWire.

No comments: