Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Wildlife in Yellowstone

In our whirlwind tour of Yellowstone, we saw a grizzly bear, a black bear, a wolf, a river otter, bison, deer, elk, and the world's fattest marmot--all in the space of about an hour and a half.


The world's fattest marmot. I saw marmots everywhere we went, including City of Rocks (way hotter and lower in elevation than I thought they lived), further reinforcing my suspicion that we share a spiritual connection of some kind. Or maybe just a talent for sleeping.

Thanks to Picasa, this black bear came out really good. He was trotting right through the rest area, just as calm as you please.

Okay, this stonefly isn't as exciting as some of the other animals, but it's always neat to see the real-life versions of the fly patterns you've been fishing with for years.

See? I told you he was fat. Seriously, I had to double-check to make sure he wasn't a badger.

Bison.


No comments: