Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

I have summer plans! Woot!

I finally have something to do during the month that Tyson will be gone!

This morning I signed up for Aikido classes and a guitar workshop at the rec center up the street. Okay, so they will occupy exactly four hours of my time each week, but that's four fewer hours to mope around the house, bitching about the heat. (Which has, by the way, become excruciating, particularly during the hours of 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., the time each day most people in other cities set aside for doing things other than lying pantsless in front of the air conditioner. It becomes very difficult to get much done when half of the day has to be spent in this way.)

Anyway, that is, at least, something to look forward to. My new personal organizational software reminded me this morning that there are only 68 more days until I have to go back to work. Which reminds me, I have to get rid of the lurid orange-pink on my classroom wall. What would you recommend? I was thinking of a crisp apple green. Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't certain wall colors supposed to incite very specific responses in people? Like, yellow walls are supposed to make you hungry and red walls are supposed to foster violence?

I say you figure out whatever hue inspires "free thinking students who joyously embrace English Lit" and paint your wall THAT color.